Mac Motorcycles Thumpers 12 December 14
Mark Wells & Ian Wride at Xenophya Design met while working in the North East of England. This gave them the chance to indulge their respective obsessions with motorcycles and a collaboration was born. They took this, wrote the design brief and started 'Mac Motorcycles'.
- Simple to maintain.
- Nothing surplus-to-requirements.
- Chopper and bobber references/details.
- The lines of a rigid frame but with suspension.
- Use a Buell 'Blast' motor and exploit its shape.
- Harley posture, flat-tracker manners, Ducati handling.
- Exploit the power-to-weight ratio of a 500cc single in a lightweight chassis.
- A return to the spirit of motorcycling - the journey is the experience / story.
Stock motors produce 34 HP at 6500 RPM but a bolt-on big-bore kit (515 cc), Andrews Cams, a Mikuni HSR 42 carb', Screamin' Eagle ignition and a Supertrapp exhaust will produce around 50 HP at 7200 RPM.
You know the sort of thing, cut stuff off so it'll go faster in a straight line, we think of it as a bike for mooching about the lanes and streets on, feet forward, grin on your face, sit-up-and-beg - you can call it a 'Bobber' if you like... we call it 'Spud'.
Call your mates, grab your bike and ride to your favourite place for a beer and a good natter... put the world to rights and blast home again, you could call it a cafe-racer but to us it's a 'Peashooter' !
His first girlfriend was called 'Ruby' they were in junior school together, you know the sort, 'the-girl-next-door', always around, everyone liked her and she was your soul mate too. Say hello to Ruby, she'll always be his first love.
When dinosaurs ruled the earth... The pre-war glory days. The enthusiastic amateur. The experimental Works Special.
For more info: Click here
Alan Goodsell , 12 December 14