Country Gent by Clockwork 12 June 15
Clockwork Motorcycles are based in Montreal Canada and have been in existence since 2011. They not only build custom motorcycles but sell some apparel too. They promote themselves with their mission statement below.
Born from a desire to return to a more basic, simple way of living. Where things were made with passion and dedication, made to work and last. Clockwork is about turning vintage motorcycles into simple minimalist machines made to be ridden and all about aesthetic. It's about authentic materials and true craftsmanship, about quality and attention to details. We draw our inspiration from all around us: art, architecture, fashion, design, automobiles and nature. We experience motorcycles as a great way to freedom, adventure and friendship. Our quest is to share that with you.
For this build they used a 1978 Suzuki GS550 and turned it into the Country Gent. This looks like a bike that is great for the urban streets as a fun runaround.
- Custom made tail loop, detabbed and painted frame
- All new engine gaskets and seals
- High temp mat black engine paint with brushed cover
- Rebuit and rejetted carbs with pod filters
- Ceramic coated 4-1 exhaust
- Ballistic battery and electric box relocated under the seat
- Custom wiring
- New headlight, tail light and turn signal lights
- Mini speedometer
- 4.00x19 front and 4.50x18 rear Firestone ANS military tires
- Drilled front rotor with new pads and steel braided hose, new rear pads and rotor
- Rebuit and lowered front fork
- New rear shocks
- New master cylinder and clutch lever
- Superbike style handlebar with Posh grips
- Standard tank with rusted design and clear coated
- Custom made seat
For more info: Click here
Alan Goodsell , 12 June 15