DCC Thruxton, Herm’s Ride 17 August 15
When Herm sat down at the drawing board to build his daily rider the first and foremost feature he required was ease of use and reliability. Given the amount of miles he clocks in a week heading from Dime City HQ to home, the coffee shop and the kids soccer games he wanted something that was at the same time comfortable and would start at the push of the button with that classic look Dime City is known for.
Taking a 2004 Triumph Thruxton and making some modest modifications not only fit the bill, but Herms personality and the result is what you see here. A blend of factory, top shelf aftermarket and a few DCC Original components.
The majority of the components were removed and powder-coated gloss and satin black and re-installed. An Acewell gauge unit with a custom DCC bracket was employed to keep Herm informed of vitals while on the road a set of LSL clip-on's were fitted with DCC billet grips and a bar-end mirror for a modern yet classic blend of aesthetics.
In an effort to keep the bike able to support two (Yes, Mrs. Dime City rides on the back) the factory Thruxton cowl was retained. A custom Dime City Monza cap was fitted and most notably, the gas charged rear Progressive shock absorbers which Dime City piloted for Progressive Suspension. Hidden from view, the front forks also received a custom treatment from Progressive along with a set of pre-loaders. Combine all that with the custom DCC steering damper kit Herm fitted and this Thruxton is a force to reckon with on the road. Thanks to the British Customs Predator exhaust system, it sounds the part too!
- 7" Gloss Black Classic British Style Headlight Bucket
- Black DCC Originals Aluminum CNC Bar End Mirror for 7/8" Handlebars
- Chrome Monza Style Flip Up Custom Gas Cap
- Black Acewell 4553 Multi-Purpose Digital Speedometer & Tachometer
- Black "Shorty" Billet Aluminum Grips with Bar Ends for 7/8" Handlebars
- Mini LED "Torpedo" Turn Signals - (Black & Smoke)
- Vintage Style Modern Triumph Twin Fork Boots/Covers aka: Gaiters
- British Customs Smoked "Cat Eye" Fender Removal Kit
- 51mm K&N Air Filter Pod
- British Customs Airbox Removal Kit
- DCC Originals "Factory-fit" Cafe Racer Seat
- Progressive Suspension Front Fork Spring Lowering Kit
- 15 AMP Hour 480 CCA Antigravity 16-Cell Battery
- The DCC Originals "Factory-fit" Hinkley Rearset Foot Controls Kit
- Custom Made Stainless Steel 40 Spoke Set For Any Rim and Hub
- Continental Classic Attack 19" Front Tire - (100/90VR19)
- Continental Classic Attack 18" Rear Tire - (120/90VR18)
- The DCC Originals Steering Damper Mount Kit
- Silver "Shorty" GP Click-N-Roll Lever Set
- JT Gold X1R 120 link 530 X-Ring Chain
- 13.50" (343mm) Progressive Suspension 970 Series Eye to Eye Gas Charged Shock Absorbers for Triumph Bonneville
- Polished Stainless Steel British Customs Predator Muffler Set for Modern Triumph Thruxton
For more info: Click here
Alan Goodsell , 17 August 15