Rodsmith's Honda CX500 31 January 16
Rodsmith Handmade Customs & Rods hot rods and motorcycles have been tearing up the roads of North America and around the globe for the past 25 years.
Craig, Rodsmith’s founder, is a master builder/fabricator/painter/designer and owner of Rodsmith Motorcycles just north of Chicago in Lake County, Illinois. He’s worked on everything from bicycles to WW2 fighter planes. Craig was born in Melbourne, Australia. As a kid, many Fosters ago, he customized anything he could get his hands on. He started with his ’57 BSA when he was 12 years old. He has extensive, hands-on experience in body work, paint, fabrication, mechanical, etc. He has built all kinds of stuff, from bikes to cars, traditional to radical.
This 1979 Honda CX500 was transformed by Craig from being the cruelly nicknamed "Plastic Maggotl" into a thing of beauty. The long polished tank and minimalist design give the bike an almost Brough Superior look. It is easy to see the quality of the workmanship in the details that make this bike stand out from the crowd.
- Hand-formed and polished aluminum: tank, fairing, radiator shroud, overflow tank, side panels & fenders.
- Custom, polished stainless steel exhaust.
- Custom-made seat, with memory foam, by our friend Joe at JB Seatz.
- NEW tires, stator, oil pump, gaskets, shocks, wiring, clip-ons, battery, grips, headlight, brake light & levers.
- Led brake light, built into the rear fender.
- Reliable, freshened up motor.
For more info: Click here
Alan Goodsell , 31 January 16