Yamaha Super Tenere Cafe Racer by Kurosawa 21 August 16
This Yamaha Super Tenere XTZ 750 Cafe Racer from Kurosawa Garage is a work of art! This bike has very little remaining of the donor, only the engine, chassis and rear swing arm is retained. Everything else has been replaced by new parts and custom built elements.
You can see there is real craftsmanship on this project and most of the custom parts used in the production of this bike were hand-made by Javier de Kurosawa Garage, and with the great help of his partner Cristina.
All the metal parts have been made of aircraft aluminum alloys, magnesium Series 6 and Series 7 T651. In addition to the creation of an automated temperature control, with which the rider can choose the operating temperature of the engine.
Their transformation has taken this bike from a classic trail bike to a streetwise Cafe Racer that wouldn't be believed if the photos didn't explain it.
- Fuel tank and front fender, hand-molded and made of 100% carbon fiber 200 g / m2.
- Tank cap made from scratch by hand.
- Inverted fork suspension for more better handling.
- Sub-frame incorporating modified Öhlins rear shock absorbers.
- Custom headlight mount and side panels.
- New instrument faces.
- Engine covers and footrests polished, engraved and grooved by Kurosawa Garage.
- SuperTrapp exhaust.
- Metal brake hoses.
- LED headlamp with witnesses lamps and built-in speedometer.
- Fireproof covers for all electrical wiring.
- Taillight with intermittent flash and custom plate holder.
- Handmade seat with transverse seams.
- New gas filter support, custom made.
- New radiator for better performance.
- Improvements in electronics and cooling.
Alan Goodsell , 21 August 16