D-air® Street Dainese airbag 05 February 15
The D-air® Street is the Dainese airbag designed for use on the road. D-air® Street works without any physical connection to the motorcycle and comprises two systems - one that’s installed on the bike, called M-kit, and one that’s fitted in the jacket, called J-kit. This architecture enables rapid crash response times and effective protection throughout the dynamics of a road accident.
The M-Kit Consists of:
- 2 - A central signal processing and system management and monitoring unit with user interface display.
- 3 - A pair of three-axis accelerometers mounted on the front fork (one on each leg).
- 4 - A skid sensor mounted under the seat.
- The sensor unit, which is implemented in a double redundant configuration in accordance with critical safety standards, sends the measurement signals to the electronic unit which features:
- A CPU with the triggering algorithm software, the brain of the system.
- An external FLASH memory and external FRAM memory.
The J-Kit Consists of:
- Pneumatic system comprising two high-pressure airbags with a total volume of 12 litres and two cold-technology gas generators.
- Electronic system for dialogue with central unit and inflation.
- SIM card slot for system recognition.
- On/Off switch and fault alert vibration motor.
How Effectively D-Air® Street Protects
Tests carried out in accordance with the current European Standards for back protectors (EN 1621-2) show that D-air® Street reduces the impact forces transferred by compared with traditional level 2 back protectors.
What D-Air® Street Protects
D-air® Street works in synergy with a Dainese back protector to shield the following areas of the rider’s body:
The system brings riders and pillions the extra back protection of an airbag that’s certified to the current EN 1621-2 standard.
D-air® Street limits inclination of the head in relation to the neck and reduces helmet movement during rolling.
D-air® Street extends around the front of the rider's body to protect up to the chest.
When D-Air® Street Protects
D-air® Street protects riders and pillions on the road, recognising and activating in the event of:
Crashes Into Fixed Or Moving Objects
In the most violent crashes, D-air® Street has a Total Deployment Time of 45 milliseconds.
Crashes Due To Loss Of Traction
In the event of a skid, the sophisticated triggering algorithm can decide upon a longer triggering time.
Thanks to its intelligent triggering algorithm, D-air® Street can assess the violence of a crash and only trigger when actually necessary in the scenarios considered. It won’t, for example, trigger for impacts at speeds of less than less than 7 kph.
For more info: Click here
Popular Marques View All
Gear - Archive
- July 2019 (20)
- December 2016 (1)
- November 2016 (2)
- August 2016 (4)
- July 2016 (2)
- June 2016 (3)
- May 2016 (3)
- April 2016 (3)
- March 2016 (4)
- February 2016 (3)
- January 2016 (4)
- December 2015 (4)
- November 2015 (3)
- October 2015 (1)
- September 2015 (2)
- August 2015 (4)
- July 2015 (3)
- June 2015 (3)
- May 2015 (3)
- April 2015 (3)
- March 2015 (6)
- February 2015 (4)
- January 2015 (4)
- December 2014 (5)
- November 2014 (6)
- July 2014 (2)
- June 2014 (1)
- May 2014 (1)
- April 2014 (1)
- March 2014 (2)